Sunday, February 24, 2008

on being The President

Our organization(UPLB Tubong Dabaw) had it's elections last night. It was both a fun and nerve-racking experience. I was elected as the new president of the organization which was a proud and humbling moment for me.

A year ago, i never expected that i would become the president of our organization. I thought that i did not possess the leadership skills needed for the position.

Before, in my own point of view, I am someone who's irresponsible, lazy, unorganized and someone who doesn't have any initiative. On the brighter side, i always had lots of ideas. Ideas on how i can make things better. I always presented these ideas, and somehow, some people saw potential in me.

Those people who saw the potentials that i have, elected me as the PRO, which I think gave me the chance to serve the organization well. Through this, they foresaw that I could be the next head of the organization, which I am now. *blush*

I think most of my high school friends would be perplexed by this. I think I really didn't show potential or interests in being a leader back in high school. Which only shows that people, in the right environment, can become better or greater. hehehe

3 comments:

Paul said...

yeah! naa na pud diay kay blog diri... hehe... Go Datu Daku! Congrats rapapap!

Z said...

wow! congrats ralph! :)

languid said...

tnx!! hehe